The position as Mechanical Engineer for the scope of Self-Standing Systems (SSS) is required as most of the Crane contain complex mechanical structures, hence, required deep knowledge of the technical aspects in order to provide adequate support during construction and commissioning phases and the closure of open points.
The job is composed on the following main components:
- Analysis and closure of open points.
- Review of supplier documentation.
- Is accountable for the progress on the open point closure related to engineering tasks.
- Check / prepare / close CRs / FCRs / DCRs / NCRs (modification) new orders / open points. Shall close the issue independent (due to technical expertise) or prepare in a way that efficient and fast execution is possible.
- Support for all other technical issues / clarifications related to SSS mechanical on large cranes.
- Support construction and commissioning team in technical issues and is acting as main interface for large cranes.
- Reporting: provide input to the different weekly / monthly reports (e.g. 2MLA).
- Report to SSS task leader such as priorities according to the site installation needs.
- Support time schedule planning in close relationship with construction and commissioning in order to secure finalization on time.
- Reporting to SSS EDL.
- Clarification with other departments, subcontractors, back office and client related scope.
General and technical background expected:
- Mechanical engineer with large mechanical experience on Cranes, heavy components or structures.
- Engineering expertise in the area of mechanical engineering.
- Good communication skills, work confidently within large teams.
- Able to express himself clearly verbally and in writing (English language).
- Adapt successfully to changing situations and environments.
- gather information systematically to establish facts and principles. Problem solving.
- manage time effectively, prioritizing tasks and able to work to deadlines.
- Highly motivated to solve problems / issues and target oriented.
- Good knowledge in mechanical engineering especially for on-site environment.
- High expertise in the area of mechanical engineering of large cranes or large components; at least 6 years.
- Knowledge in mechanical calculations.
- Good knowledge of Navisworks and / or Autocad or equal CAD tools.
Position is filled as soon as suitable candidate is found. To apply please send application and CV with salary request to email@example.com