The Fire Protection Officer’s tasks included, but are not limited to:
- Strict follow up of application and compliance within site rules, national standards and legislation.
- Reporting and recording of actions and deviations.
- Active communication with contractor’s personnel, their guidance and instructing.
- rescue trainings and tests with site personnel.
- Follow up and updating daily fire protection tasks (exit ways, signalization).
- Reporting daily to team leader.
- Manage the fire safety inspection on site with the contractors. Follow up corrective actions defined during the inspection.
- Closely work with supervisors and team (construction / commissioning to have the knowledge on the coming activities (anticipation) and involve them in the daily safety.
- Animate the safety in the team (construction/commissioning) through visit on spot, training, lessons learned.
General and technical background expected:
- Technical experience in fire protection and prevention on industrial environment or on construction site (hot works, etc.).
- Good knowledge of Finnish Rescue and Chemical and Occupational Health and Safety Regulation, applicable standards.
- Good knowledge of Finnish Rescue service and related operations (HÄKE) structure.
- Holder of Hot Work license.
- Experienced on industrial, ship yard, construction site – fire protection.
- Skilled to write reports, records and instruction, procedure.
- Comfortable in speaking in public (especially when giving training and eventually leading meetings).
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office.
- Knowledge of automatic systems ( extinguishing, alarm) or experience in electrical, mechanical risks linked to industrial activities or commissioning activities will be the best.
- Fluent English and Finnish required.
Position is filled as soon as suitable candidate is found. To apply please send application and CV with salary request to email@example.com