Within the Supply Chain Project Department, the Senior Buyer is responsible to place orders of goods and services to reach Project objectives in term of quality, time schedule and cost.
As Senior Buyer him/herself, he/she is also involved in the following missions (not limited to):
- Analyze purchasing needs and evolutions of need specifications.
- Identify potential new Suppliers, locally and internationally.
- Conduct the bidding process.
- Lead the Contracts negotiation with Suppliers.
- Coordinate interfaces with other departments (e.g. engineering, construction, commissioning, project control, quality).
- Analyze the offer conformity with the requirements and the expected Project performance.
- Report on purchasing performance, time schedule and progress, and on the activity in general.
- Respect the Supply Chain processes and procedures.
- Manage Contract execution/expediting until complete delivery and Contract closure.
- Participate to claims building or claims defense.
- Engineering or commercial background preferred.
- At least 5 years of experience in complex environment/business (non standardized industry).
- Experience in purchasing and negotiation.
- Proactive, autonomous with analytical mind.
- Strong contractual knowledge.
- Fluent spoken English and completely proficient in writing in English. German and/or French and/or Finnish are beneficial.