Under the authority of the Field Commissioning Section Lead, the I&C Field Commissioning Technician will be in charge of following tasks identified with regard to the phases of the project.
Measuring and actuation circuits are tested on site as part of the process commissioning scope and following activities are entrusted to the I&C Field Commissioning Technician:
- Review periodically the list of circuits as per time schedule to be tested he/she is in charge of. This includes the identification of their location inside the plant and their accessibility check on site and the need for temporary means (e.g. power supply or instrument air or scaffolding).
- Request and check at receipt the adequacy of validity of testing and communication equipment required during commissioning activities.
- Collect design documentation at the applicable reference configuration (e.g. data sheets, circuit diagrams, P&IDs, 30 drawings) prior to test execution including.
- Attend Pre-Job Briefing prior to test execution.
- Implement the commissioning instructions linked to the tests of measuring (sensors) and control (actuators) circuits from field (SCl53 - SCl52 or equivalent) under the coordination of the Control Commissioning Technician located at control room or equivalent.
- Support troubleshooting activities, if any.
Control and monitoring:
- Provide inputs to progress measurement and reporting to the Test Coordinator she / he is attached to.
- Feed Post-Job Reviews.
The completion of the commissioning activities is sanctioned by following events:
- Circuits have been tested as per time schedule and according to commissioning instructions (no open points left without an action plan to resolve them).
- Troubleshooting activities have been conducted in compliance with the processes in force on the project and in collaboration with the construction team.
- Testing and communication devices have been returned in good shape.
The scope of responsibility of the I&C Field Commissioning Technician is defined by the I&C Commissioning Branch Head in liaison with the Nuclear Island Commissioning Manager, in accordance with the qualification evaluation and the actual needs.
Working conditions can be in shift as per project needs.
- Intermediate knowledge of written and oral English. Ability with French, German or Finnish would be a plus.
General and technical background expected:
- Technician degree in automation field.
- Experience in commissioning activities on sensors, switches and similar field devices.
- Capacity of organizing the day-to-day activities.
- Rigorous especially for adherence to procedures in force on site including configuration management. Good writing skills.
- Ability to work in an international team (French, German, US, ..).
- Aware of and strict adherence to HSE and IT security aspects.
- Knowledge of the standard calibration tools and procedures for pressure - temperature - Ph - flow - level - conductivity sensors.
- Familiar with standard testing tools (e.g. multimeter, decade counter).
- Familiar with circuit testing procedures.
- Capacity of reading mechanical documents (e.g. P&IDs or isometrics) and I&C detailed design documents.
Positions are filled as soon as suitable candidate are found. To apply please send application and CV with salary request to firstname.lastname@example.org