Under the authority of the I&C Field Commissioning Section lead, the I&C Field Commissioning Troubleshooting Engineer will be in charge of following tasks identified with regards to the phases of the project:
- Interface with the development and the engineering departments from a technical standpoint on I&C field devices if spare parts or test equipment are needed.
- Participation in the review of the I&C field commissioning troubleshooting log file.
- Attend to pre-job briefing prior to I&C field commissioning test execution.
- Support I&C and process test execution for unexpected event or non-conformity analysis.
- Analyze and select the troubleshooting actions while limiting the impact in running commissioning activities, with the support of engineering databases and master documentation.
- Plan troubleshooting activities with corresponding I&C and process commissioning engineering to evaluate and limit the impact n I&C/process system behavior and availability.
- Preparation of work order (WO) requests associated to the troubleshooting activity to be performed on I&C field devices – if any.
- Replacement of damaged components.
- Support the I&C field commissioning team during re-tests after trouble is solved – if needed.
- Collect design documentation at the applicable reference configuration (e.g. data sheets, circuit diagrams, P&IDs, 3D drawings) prior to start the troubleshooting.
Control and monitoring:
- Follow up of trouble events on a day to day sequence.
- Update of troubleshooting log file on day to day sequence with detail information what was the problem, what was exactly done etc. after the problem is solved or identified.
- Follow up of needed spare part orders with the responsible person inside the I&C fiel docmmissioning team.
The completion of the commissioning activities related to the entrusted I&C system is sanctioned by following events:
- Provide the as-built configuration to the engineering department for the configuration documentation update if needed due to red-marks.
- Support to the closure of all I&C system open points assigned to I&C commissioning branch.
- Inform the I&C field shift leaders that trouble event have been solved and re-testing can start.
General and technical background expected:
- Engineer degree or technical degree in automation field.
- Experience in sensor calibration.
- Experience in commissioning activities on sensors, actuators, switches and similar field devices.
- EPR knowledge would be a plus.
- Good relational and communication skills.
- Analysis and synthesis skills.
- Rigorous especially for adherence to procedures in force on site including configuration management.
- Good oral expression and writing skills.
- Ability to work in an international team.
- Aware of HSE and IT security aspects.
- Fluent English. Ability with French, German or Finnish is a plus.
- Knowledge on standard calibration tools and procedures for pressure – temperature – Ph – flow – level – conductivity sensors.
- Familiar with standard testing tools (e.g. multimeter, decade counter).
- Familiar with circuit testing procedures.
- Capacity of reading mechanical documents (e.g. P&IDs or isometrics) and I&C detailed design documents.
Position is filled as soon as suitable candidate is found. To apply please send application and CV with salary request to firstname.lastname@example.org