Senior supervisors’s main responsibilities are:
- Planning and performance of the preparation work for the specific contractor under consideration of the engineering input, availability of stored materials in customer’s scope.
- Handling of all relevant permit processes for start of works (permit to work, hot work permit, - confined space permit, etc.).
- Caretaking for removal of any obstructions by other disciplines or intervention group in advance to the start of execution works
- Supervision and follow up of the contractor’s execution works.
- Involvement of other parties like inspection organizations, HSE organizations of the different stakeholders (contractor, customer, client).
- Review and closure of execution documentation in coordination with the method team and final documentation team.
- Ensure that the activities of the team as well as those of the subcontractors are performed according to the highest HSE standards.
- Ensure that the works on site and are performed according to the contractual standards of quality, time schedule and budget, and according to Project Procedures including but not limited to work follow up documentation requirements.
- Check that human resources and equipment are mobilized by the subcontractors according to plans.
- Check that the subcontractors are using the right technical documentation.
- Tracking and cleaning up the list of open points related to these works.
- During take over operations, check that works have been completed according to schedule and quality requirements.
- Attending weekly meetings with the relevant subcontractors.
- Report directly to the Supervision leader or EM construction manager.
- Report weekly progress to the Supervision leader or EM construction manager .
- Undertake any other duties from time to time as instructed by the Finishing and Room Completion Group Manager.
Qualification and experience required:
- Civil engineer, mechanical engineer or equivalent with substantial experience of civil works or mechanical works supervision on large construction projects .
- Civil engineer, mechanical engineer or architect with at least 5 years’ professional work experience.
- Leadership experience at least 1 year in order to guide and instruct a team of supervisors.
- Intercultural experience.
- Good technical knowledge of civil works and civil finishing works, specific knowledge in the supervision of opening plugging works are favoured.
- Basic knowledge of piping works and electrical works in the scope of opening plugging.
- Good knowledge of health and safety requirements for large construction sites.
- Basic knowledge of MS Word / Excel is required.
- Fluent in English (spoken and written).
- Language skills in Finnish, German or French language are favoured.
- Decision making ability for the scope of works based ability.
- Result oriented in particular with respect to safety, quality, cost and schedule. (ON time delivery).
- Organisational and planning ability to prepare for the execution works of the contractors.
- Assertiveness in front of contractors.
- Ability to analyse, optimize and improve the perform works.
- Ability to work in team with good human relationship and team spirit.
- Ability to communicate with people of different professional background and culture.
- Flexibility in terms of scope of works and ability to adapt to schedule needs.
Position is filled as soon as suitable candidate is found. To apply please send application and CV with salary request to firstname.lastname@example.org