The task includes the following:
- Planning and performance of the preparation work for the specific contractor under consideration of the engineering input, availability of stored materials in the client’s scope.
- Handling of all relevant permit processes for start of works (permit to work, hot work permit, confined space permit, etc.)
- Caretaking for removal of any obstructions by other disciplines or intervention group in advance to the start of execution works.
- Supervision and follow up of the contractor's execution works.
- Involvement of other parties like inspection organizations, HSE organizations of the different stakeholders (contractor, customer, client).
- Review and closure of execution documentation in coordination with the method team and final documentation team.
- Ensure that the activities of the team as well as those of the subcontractors are performed according to the highest HSE standards.
- Ensure that the works on site and are performed according to the contractual standards of quality, time schedule and budget, and according to Project Procedures including but not limited to work follow up documentation requirements.
- Check that human resources and equipment are mobilized by the subcontractors according to plans.
- Check that the subcontractors are using the right technical documentation.
- Tracking and cleaning up the list of open points related to these works.
- During take over operations, check that works have been completed according to schedule and quality requirements.
- Attending weekly meetings with the relevant subcontractors.
- Report directly to the Supervision leader or EM construction manager.
- Report weekly progress Supervision leader or EM construction manager.
- Undertake any other duties from time to time as instructed by the Finishing and Room Completion Group Manager.
General and technical background expected:
- Civil engineer, mechanical engineer, technician, senior foreman or equivalent with substantial experience of civil works or mechanical works supervision on construction projects:
· Civil engineer, mechanical engineer or architect with at least 3 years’ professional work experience.
· Civil Technician, mechanical technician with at least 5 years’ professional work experience.
· Senior civil foreman, Senior mechanical foreman with at least 10 years’ professional work experience.
- Basic technical knowledge of civil works and civil finishing works, specific knowledge in the supervision of opening plugging works are favored.
- Basic knowledge of piping works and mechanical works.
- Good knowledge of piping and equipment insulation works.
- Good knowledge of health and safety requirements for large construction sites.
- Basic knowledge of MS Word / Excel is required.
- Fluent English is required. Ability with French, German and/or Finnish would be a plus.
- Result oriented in particular with respect to Safety, Quality, Cost and Schedule (On Time Delivery - OTD).
- Organizational and planning ability to prepare for the execution works of the contractors.
- Assertiveness in front of the contractors.
- Ability to analyze, optimize and improve the performance of works.
- Ability to work in a team with good human relationship and team spirit.
- Ability to communicate with people of different professional background and culture.
- Flexibility in terms of scope of works and ability to adapt to schedule needs.
Positions are filled as soon as suitable candidates are found. To apply please send application and CV with salary request to email@example.com