We are looking for a Painting Manager for our client working on the Olkiluoto 3 project. Work starts on 01.01.2017, estimated duration is 12 months.
The Painting manager reports directly to the FRC manager of OL3. He is responsible for the remaining scope of painting and coating works to be executed on the OL3 project for Nuclear lsland.
Establishment of a running painting organization (supervisors, workers, QA, documentation staff…) inside FRC.
– Announcement of job descriptions for the respective staff;
– Establishment of frame contracts for workers;
– Assurance of purchase capacity for staff with suppliers;
– Establishment of a responsibility and reporting system;
– Establishment of site facilities in line with local standards;
Establishment of a communication and announcement system for the required scope with the re-questing departments, so as for pro-active detection of site needs for painting.
– Ramp up of announcement system for urgent scope;
– Participation at site coordination meetings;
– Contact to respective managers and supervisors of the departments to achieve forecasts;
– Establishment of a system to determine the site needs for painting in general outside the urgent needs of the department;
Purchase of material, tools and equipment.
– Establishment of frame contract with painting suppliers;
– Purchase of tools for the execution of works;
– Establishment of site facilities for the works (sandblasting area, compressors, spraying equipment, maintenance area, …);
– Establishment of frame contract for scaffold;
– Establishment for purchase contract for PPE and clothes;
Ramp up of site induction and work preparation system for staff.
– Fixation of training system for workers (confined space, working in height, energization, etc.);
– Special health and safety training for painting works;
– Special education for site supervisors to detect the site needs for painting in pro-active way
– (room book, architectural drawings, interfaces to other departments, …);
– Establishment of communication system to quality inspectors for painting;
– Training for quality documentation and progress reporting of the works;
Forecasting and progress reporting.
– Estimation of the remaining scope for painting and similar works at site;
– Announcement of forecast for painting works as a measurement for progress and cost efficiency on the base of assumptions;
– Definition of useful KPls for survey of progress for painting works;
– Weekly progress report on the base of the executed works;
– Reporting of workforce and cost;
Establishment of finalization concept for rooms at site.
– Execution of model rooms related to the respective painting systems at site in line with room book and specifications;
– Approval of the client for the respective system as base for handover conditions of the respective rooms;
– Coordination with engineering to achieve the contractual fixation of handover conditions with the client;
– Cooperation with engineering department in Germany to find an approval system for the documentation of the already painted surfaces where no documentation is available;
– Technician for Civil works or equivalent with experience of supervision of painting teams in large projects;
– Minimum of 5 years of experience in related projects;
– Sound knowledge of planning, supervision and coordination of painting and coating works in large construction projects;
– Ability to read and understand the requirements for execution of painting works in highly regulated working environment;
– Leading of painting organization in an economical way in line with the local quality standards and safety regulations;
– Ability to handle work interfaces with other departments and to delegate the work to the different teams;
– Specific nuclear project experience is not necessary;
– Excellent report writing and communications skills;
– Team player with leadership experience. proactive with strong interpersonal and communication skills.
– Commercial awareness;
– Planning and organizing skills;
– Fluent English required, both written and spoken;
Position is filled as soon as suitable candidate is found. To apply please send application and CV with salary request to firstname.lastname@example.org